Monday, December 29, 2008

What are Some of the Goals You Achieved in 2008?

I am looking through the goal list I made last December, and am pleasantly surprised to see the number of goals I achieved. Some were little goals that were more like tasks I needed to complete while others were six month processes; like completing my career coaching certification. I’ve been coaching for several years but always wanted to go through the process of becoming certified to make sure I wasn’t missing any key points to offer my clients. It was a thrill and relief to complete the course.

The class was a refresher for many areas but I did learn effective techniques to improve client communication. It enabled me to uncover client facts and achievements quicker and improved my ability to dig deeper using key questions and improved listening skills. So, in 2008 I put it on my goal list, in February, started in March and went through into July before I had completed everything and was certified!! It felt great to have earned the certification and to have completed such a large undertaking.

Now, once again I am going through my business and personal life and writing down anything I can think of that I want to do, even if it seems very impractical or impossible. I usually do this for the better part of December. Once I develop a good list, I take some time and go through each item. Here I determine what I want to accomplish, when I want to accomplish it and how I should go about accomplishing the goal. Detail is key in taking action on an idea.

So, what are some of your achievements you are most proud of? Whether professionally or in your personal life – if you have achieved goals in 2008 you want to share…let us know about them.

Happy Goal Setting!

No comments:

Post a Comment