Monday, January 26, 2009

Save Your Job By Being a Know-It-All

Learning and continuing to improve what you do is how you can stay ahead of the game. Just when I think I’ve got it all figured out some new job board, career tool, or networking source such at twitter comes along and I am off and running. My goal is to know it all. So, when a client calls with questions I feel confident in helping them and I will be able to understand what they are looking for. By me being a know-it-all, I can help them find ways to use this new knowledge to improve their career search. Now, I really don’t expect to know it all but I am going to try. And, if I don’t know it when my client calls, I will learn about it when we end the call.

Trying to keep your job, especially in today’s economy is definitely a challenge. Sometimes know matter what you know or how good you are, your job is still eliminated and the only thing you can do is move forward. If you currently have a job and are worried about your future, trying improving your skills and stepping up your work performance and get noticed.

What ever your job is you can always find ways to improve your performance. Read industry magazines, learn new procedures, new ways to expand business or find ways to cut costs. By knowing more and working to get noticed you are also improving your skills and achievements – which you can take with you where ever you go! This not only improves your performance but it improves your marketability. So, get noticed by being a know-it-all, it just might save your job!

Shine on!

No comments:

Post a Comment