Thursday, March 12, 2009

Email Addresses on Resumes

I've been going through a pile of resumes from potential clients, resumes I've answered questions on or critiqued, past clients etc. I am working to finally gather one main database of my contacts for my Spring Newsletter due out in a week or so. I've got several smaller contact lists but am in the processes of compiling one main list. If anyone is interested in getting on that list please email me at kris@resumewonders.com.

So, what I've noticed on several of the resumes is that there is no email address on the resume. In today's internet/web revolving business world, an email address is a must!

A good idea is to create a new address using GMail, yahoo, hotmail or some other free mail system and create on using your first and last name. For example I would be either KrisPlantrich@mail.com or KPlantrich@mail.com. It is professional, easy to identify who the email is from and gets your name in front of potential employers every time you use it. You can then use this email address for job seeking, career management business only.

You may be missing out on job opportunities by not including this vital form of communication on your resume. Add your email address today.

Shine on!

No comments:

Post a Comment