Friday, March 13, 2009

Is Your Confidence Helping or Hurting Your Job Search?

We all struggle with confidence in one area or another. I still tend to be more reserved than I'd like to be in my business when dealing with potential clients. Is that confidence? Maybe...probably. When I am feeling a little less confident than I should, I remind myself of what I do, what I know, and that I've helped hundreds of clients.

I know I am an expert at what I do. I thrive on helping clients re-gain or improve their confidence by preparing for job search with effective documents, tools and new found knowledge. How do you do to remind yourself? What is the first impression others get when they meet you? What level of confidence do you portray?

Having confidence in your abilities and yourself really makes a difference during an interview or even when networking. I can hear it on the phone after just a few minutes when a potential clients is feeling like less then an expert. Remind yourself daily of the skills, experience and achievements you've accomplished in your professional life. Remember that you've got what it takes to do your job well - really well, even if the economy isn't letting you prove that right now.

Stay motivated and active in your job search daily to help keep you confident. Volunteer your skills, sign up for a class to gain new skills, or find others to mentor to while you continue in your search. Attitude and confidence are so important during a job search - if you don't have it, it won't be seen in networking groups or in interviews.

Shine On!

No comments:

Post a Comment